Why Indoor Sun Protection In Colorado Is A Must
Window Tinting To Protect Against Skin Cancer
As Denver heats up and the chill of winter seems a distant memory for people all around the state, Coloradans do what is the most natural to them and head outdoors to enjoy the gorgeous scenery and the activities that drew them here in the first place. It is not uncommon to see bikers by the dozens zipping around the streets in March, nor is it strange see Denverites enjoying an outdoor April brunch in one of our many delicious restaurants. One thing that people who live here know about heading outdoors in Colorado, even in Winter, is to always, always wear sunscreen. That’s right, the sun here at a mile high is intense and without protection can burn you in as little as 15 minutes. Anyone who has lived here for any extended amount of time likely carries sunscreen with them as a rule. However, one place where many people are probably not protected from the sun, and where they probably get the most exposure is–at home. This opens people up to the risk of skin cancer, from sun through their home windows, without them even knowing. At Scottish Window Tinting, we know just how exposed people are the intense, high altitude rays of the sun at home. Which is why we want to make the Colorado public aware of some startling facts about the dangers of home sun exposure and what they can do about it.
Sun Exposure Facts For You To Know:
1. Both ultraviolet A (UVA) and ultraviolet B (UVB) radiation from the sun can harm the skin and lead to skin cancers
2. UVB is effectively blocked by glass. However, at least 50 percent of UVA rays can pass through windows
3. UVA rays are 30 to 50 times more prevalent than UVB rays and are present during all daylight hours throughout the year
4. About 85 percent of melanomas and 90 percent of nonmelanoma skin cancers are associated with exposure to UV radiation
Those facts are pretty startling and point to one conclusion–you need protection from the sun’s harmful rays even in your own home. Putting sunscreen all over your body 365 days a year is probably not a viable option for anyone. From experience, we at Scottish Window Tinting know, window tinting is a viable, cost-effective and potent solution to sun exposure in Colorado.
Window Tinting Facts For You To Know:
1. Window Tint for your home offers substantial indoor protection by blocking up to 99.9 percent of UVA radiation
2. Window Tint for your home has an ROI in as little as 4 years or sooner
3. The Skin Cancer Foundation has awarded its Seal of Recommendation to window film manufacturers such as 3M and Solar Gard
Colorado’s UVA and UVB Window Tint Experts
In a day and age where the climate is changing, those who live in temperate to hot climates, especially climates like Colorado, need to find solutions to weather related issues, like the ever increasing brutality of the sun. At Scottish Window Tinting we have been installing window tint for over a decade and we have the knowledge to help you make the very best decision on how to protect you and your family from sun exposure in your own home. Contact us today, to get started on a safer tomorrow for you and yours!