See owner Martin Faith explain his personal experience with window film.
Window film helps home and business owner's across Colorado save money on their energy bills, reduce the fading of their floors and furniture, and improve safety. Using the industry leading window films brands produced by Eastman, Scottish Window Tinting can serve any of your window film needs with our Vista, Enerlogic, and Llumar window films . Whether you are looking to benefit from the energy efficiency and fading protection offered by our standard window tints, or you need a specialty window film to protect against graffiti, enhance security, provide privacy, add decoration, or even protect from bomb blasts, we are here to work with you to listen to and meet your needs!
Why Does Window Tinting Work?
Block the UV Radiation that Causes Fading
There are three sources of heat that can seep through your windows, making your home less comfortable: Infrared Rays make up 53 percent of the heat from the sun, Visible Light Transmission is 44 percent, and the final 3 percent comes from Ultra Violet Rays (UV). UV rays are the most damaging factor, and they are the cause of fading on your furniture and floors when the sun comes through your windows. Untreated glass typically only blocks about 11 percent of UV rays, which means a great deal of sun damage to your belongings. When you install window tinting, however, your windows start blocking 99 percent of all UV rays,keeping the inside of your home looking just as vibrant as ever.
Reduce Solar Heat Gain
Heat blockage is the biggest aspect of installing window tinting for energy savings. Not only will it block damaging UV rays, but it will keep other heat from seeping through your windows and making your energy bills higher each month. Today, you can even get effective heat reflection without having to choose a dark film. Remember, though, that ever set of windows is different, so it's important to have experts take a look at your windows to find the best type of film for your needs!
Window Film vs. Window Tinting
While many people refer to our service as "window tint" this term can sometimes be misleading because many of today's window tints are clear. These films or "tints" can be almost imperceptible once applied if window darkening is not desirable. Conversely, many Colorado businesses may want their window tint to be dark or even reflective. We have these types of film as well. Read more on our Window Tinting vs. Window Film page.
Window Film Benefits
"Tinting" your window by installing window film can be a great way to lower energy costs for your home or office. In your home, window film can be installed without decreasing the amount of visible light which enters your home while blocking a significant amount of heat. Residential window tinting makes your home more comfortable for your family while allowing your air conditioner to run less. Window film for your office or other commercial buildings can significantly lower the energy costs that result from running air conditioning through the hottest parts of the day. In many cases they can provide a return on investment in a few as 2 years.
Residential Window Film
Window film clients who install film in their homes normally do so for a couple of reasons. The most obvious reason is to prevent excessive heat build up in the home during the summer months and secondly to prevent damage from UV rays to the interior furnishings, drapes, floors and artwork. However there are other benefits of window film that many of us don't even think of. For example, the films are so energy efficient that they pay themselves back in a few short years allowing hundreds of dollars a year in savings after the film is paid off. Another incredible benefit of window film is that it prevents sun damage. Most people think that they are protected from the sun when they are behind a pane of glass but in fact nothing could be further from the truth. Even the best double and triple pane Low E windows can only give partial protection to your skin. However, most of our window films will give you 99.9% UV protection. If you've ever spoken to a dermatologist you will often be told that skin problems in adults were often caused by sun exposure in childhood. Protecting our children today by installing residential window film may be the best investment we will ever make.
Commercial Window Film
Window films have been used in commercial buildings for several decades now as more and more architects and general contractors become aware of the products and their benefits. Decorative and privacy films are among the most highly specified films. These have almost completely replaced sandblasted and etched glass as a means of achieving privacy while still allowing some light into an area of a building. Corporate logos can be printed using frosted films in any color and are easily changed and replaced when the building changes hands.
Commercial buildings such as offices, schools, hotels, hospitals and airports are extremely expensive to heat and cool. Even in the so called cooler states the savings which building owners and administrators can achieve by installing solar control films are substantial. Commercial buildings with older windows will have high cooling costs in summer and high heating bills in the winter. Owners will at some point consider window replacement to upgrade the building. However, applying window film to the existing windows can allow a single pane window to perform like a double pane window, and for a fraction of the cost.
The fastest growing segment of commercial window films is security film. Security films can stop even the most determined intruder and are being specified by retail stores, schools, office buildings and local/ federal government buildings including airports.
Recent Window Film News
- Your Northglenn window film experts - When it comes to installing residential or commercial window film, Northglenn Colorado residents are looking for expert installation and advice. The fact is, there is a wide array of window film products on the market, and the layman is frequently stumped as to how to choose the most appropriate and effective one.
- Window film for a better atmosphere - Why might a restaurant, bar, pub, café, or other eatery want window film? We can think of a lot of reasons (and so can our many restaurant clients)!
- Save money on operating costs - Hotel window film is a terrific option for hotels, motels, resorts, conference centers, and even bed and breakfasts looking to save some money on their overhead. Specifically, we are talking about energy efficiency hotel window film and the effect it has on heating and cooling costs.
- Keep your energy costs down - As a hospital administrator, you know there is not much you can do about the rising hospital overhead. Staff needs to be paid, equipment needs to be purchased, facilities need to be maintained. A large part of energy overhead goes to keeping the hospital facilities at the right temperature. Patients and staff alike need to […]
- Window film for any application - Window film is a fantastic product that is available for a wide variety of applications. In fact, while most of our clients have seen or heard of many of the types of window films we offer, they are unaware that others even exist. With window film, Denver homes and commercial buildings can do the following:
- Window film for your Aurora home - With window film, Aurora residences can have many benefits that they would not have imagined. We offer a whole line of high-performance window films for all different applications, some of which we are going to talk about in this post.
- Window film for privacy - Why might a restaurant want more privacy? We can think of a few reasons. If you have a nice eatery in a mall, you might want to cover your windows to give your diners the illusion they are no long in the mall. You might just want to block the view of the passersby rushing […]
- Save money on your hotels energy costs - If you own or manage a hotel, luxury resort, convention center, bed and breakfast, or other hospitality type establishment, then we’d like to talk to you about hotel window film. Have you heard of this product? It can substantially lower your overhead, via reductions in your heating and cooling costs.
- Your Aurora window tinting experts. - When it comes to window film, Aurora residents mostly are familiar with the energy saving kind, but are not as familiar with the other windows film products on the market. And since each one does something quite different and affords different benefits, we’d like to run down the list for you.
- Various window tinting options. - Are you considering residential window tinting for your Denver area home? The term window tinting brings to mind the dark tint on the windows of your car, designed to cut the glare from the strong and ever-present Denver sunshine. But when it comes to residential window tinting, Denver residents have a wide variety of different […]