See owner Martin Faith explain his personal experience with window film.
Window film helps home and business owner's across Colorado save money on their energy bills, reduce the fading of their floors and furniture, and improve safety. Using the industry leading window films brands produced by Eastman, Scottish Window Tinting can serve any of your window film needs with our Vista, Enerlogic, and Llumar window films . Whether you are looking to benefit from the energy efficiency and fading protection offered by our standard window tints, or you need a specialty window film to protect against graffiti, enhance security, provide privacy, add decoration, or even protect from bomb blasts, we are here to work with you to listen to and meet your needs!
Why Does Window Tinting Work?
Block the UV Radiation that Causes Fading
There are three sources of heat that can seep through your windows, making your home less comfortable: Infrared Rays make up 53 percent of the heat from the sun, Visible Light Transmission is 44 percent, and the final 3 percent comes from Ultra Violet Rays (UV). UV rays are the most damaging factor, and they are the cause of fading on your furniture and floors when the sun comes through your windows. Untreated glass typically only blocks about 11 percent of UV rays, which means a great deal of sun damage to your belongings. When you install window tinting, however, your windows start blocking 99 percent of all UV rays,keeping the inside of your home looking just as vibrant as ever.
Reduce Solar Heat Gain
Heat blockage is the biggest aspect of installing window tinting for energy savings. Not only will it block damaging UV rays, but it will keep other heat from seeping through your windows and making your energy bills higher each month. Today, you can even get effective heat reflection without having to choose a dark film. Remember, though, that ever set of windows is different, so it's important to have experts take a look at your windows to find the best type of film for your needs!
Window Film vs. Window Tinting
While many people refer to our service as "window tint" this term can sometimes be misleading because many of today's window tints are clear. These films or "tints" can be almost imperceptible once applied if window darkening is not desirable. Conversely, many Colorado businesses may want their window tint to be dark or even reflective. We have these types of film as well. Read more on our Window Tinting vs. Window Film page.
Window Film Benefits
"Tinting" your window by installing window film can be a great way to lower energy costs for your home or office. In your home, window film can be installed without decreasing the amount of visible light which enters your home while blocking a significant amount of heat. Residential window tinting makes your home more comfortable for your family while allowing your air conditioner to run less. Window film for your office or other commercial buildings can significantly lower the energy costs that result from running air conditioning through the hottest parts of the day. In many cases they can provide a return on investment in a few as 2 years.
Residential Window Film
Window film clients who install film in their homes normally do so for a couple of reasons. The most obvious reason is to prevent excessive heat build up in the home during the summer months and secondly to prevent damage from UV rays to the interior furnishings, drapes, floors and artwork. However there are other benefits of window film that many of us don't even think of. For example, the films are so energy efficient that they pay themselves back in a few short years allowing hundreds of dollars a year in savings after the film is paid off. Another incredible benefit of window film is that it prevents sun damage. Most people think that they are protected from the sun when they are behind a pane of glass but in fact nothing could be further from the truth. Even the best double and triple pane Low E windows can only give partial protection to your skin. However, most of our window films will give you 99.9% UV protection. If you've ever spoken to a dermatologist you will often be told that skin problems in adults were often caused by sun exposure in childhood. Protecting our children today by installing residential window film may be the best investment we will ever make.
Commercial Window Film
Window films have been used in commercial buildings for several decades now as more and more architects and general contractors become aware of the products and their benefits. Decorative and privacy films are among the most highly specified films. These have almost completely replaced sandblasted and etched glass as a means of achieving privacy while still allowing some light into an area of a building. Corporate logos can be printed using frosted films in any color and are easily changed and replaced when the building changes hands.
Commercial buildings such as offices, schools, hotels, hospitals and airports are extremely expensive to heat and cool. Even in the so called cooler states the savings which building owners and administrators can achieve by installing solar control films are substantial. Commercial buildings with older windows will have high cooling costs in summer and high heating bills in the winter. Owners will at some point consider window replacement to upgrade the building. However, applying window film to the existing windows can allow a single pane window to perform like a double pane window, and for a fraction of the cost.
The fastest growing segment of commercial window films is security film. Security films can stop even the most determined intruder and are being specified by retail stores, schools, office buildings and local/ federal government buildings including airports.
Recent Window Film News
- Various window tinting options. - Are you considering residential window tinting for your Denver area home? The term window tinting brings to mind the dark tint on the windows of your car, designed to cut the glare from the strong and ever-present Denver sunshine. But when it comes to residential window tinting, Denver residents have a wide variety of different […]
- Save money on your energy costs. - Why hospital window film? These days, everyone understands the benefits of natural light, of the boost in mood that sunlight can give to a person. And in a hospital, it seems even more important. Therefore it’s no surprise that these days, all modern hospitals have a window in every patient’s room, frequently a fairly large […]
- Window tint for any application - Could commercial window tint be the solution to problems in your business? We believe it could. When many business or building owners hear the term window tint, they envision the dark film covering their car windows. But the commercial window tint we are talking about comes in a wide variety of practical applications, one or […]
- Your Morrison window film experts. - With the installation of window film, Morrison residents can receive a variety of benefits they might be unaware of. Most people associate window film with the same kind of tint they have in their car windows, that only blocks or dulls the sun’s glare. But there is actually a whole line of window film products […]
- Office window tinting benefits - When our clients call us and ask for office window tint, they could be asking about a wide variety of different commercial window film products. And each of these different products can provide different benefits and even add a different appearance to the office’s windows.
- Easy graffiti clean up - Graffiti: a valid form of street art, or petty vandalism? This debate has raged on for decades, but about one thing there is absolutely no doubt. If it is your property, your storefront, your warehouse, that has been hit by graffiti, you want to get it off. And getting it off is not that easy, […]
- Window film for UV protection - Hospital window film can offer a wide variety of benefits to a hospital. We’ve talked extensively on this blog about reducing a hospital’s heating and cooling costs, which can work out to a substantial money savings over the years. This can be achieved with the installation of energy efficiency window film, a product that blocks […]
- Window film for added privacy - If you own or manage a hotel, motel, resort, or bed and breakfast, we don’t have to tell you that your guests value their privacy. That’s why most rooms come with the familiar Do Not Disturb sign to hand on the room’s door. With the installation of hotel window film, you can add even more […]
- Window tinting for energy efficiency - When it comes to the product known as window tinting, Denver residents are fully familiar with one version of it: the one that lines their car and truck windows. The one that cuts down the bright Colorado sun’s omnipresent glare and makes it easier to see the road.
- Window film benefits - With high-performance window film, Denver residents can receive a wide variety of different benefits. With product lines for both commercial and residential applications, there are window films to meet all kinds of needs. Let’s take a look at the main categories and their main benefits.