Window film helps home and business owner's across Colorado save money on their energy bills, reduce the fading of their floors and furniture, and improve safety. Using the industry leading window films brands produced by Eastman, Scottish Window Tinting can serve any of your window film needs with our Vista, Enerlogic, and Llumar window films . Whether you are looking to benefit from the energy efficiency and fading protection offered by our standard window tints, or you need a specialty window film to protect against graffiti, enhance security, provide privacy, add decoration, or even protect from bomb blasts, we are here to work with you to listen to and meet your needs!
Why Does Window Tinting Work?
Block the UV Radiation that Causes FadingThere are three sources of heat that can seep through your windows, making your home less comfortable: Infrared Rays make up 53 percent of the heat from the sun, Visible Light Transmission is 44 percent, and the final 3 percent comes from Ultra Violet Rays (UV). UV rays are the most damaging factor, and they are the cause of fading on your furniture and floors when the sun comes through your windows. Untreated glass typically only blocks about 11 percent of UV rays, which means a great deal of sun damage to your belongings. When you install window tinting, however, your windows start blocking 99 percent of all UV rays,keeping the inside of your home looking just as vibrant as ever.
Reduce Solar Heat GainHeat blockage is the biggest aspect of installing window tinting for energy savings. Not only will it block damaging UV rays, but it will keep other heat from seeping through your windows and making your energy bills higher each month. Today, you can even get effective heat reflection without having to choose a dark film. Remember, though, that ever set of windows is different, so it's important to have experts take a look at your windows to find the best type of film for your needs!
Window Film vs. Window TintingWhile many people refer to our service as "window tint" this term can sometimes be misleading because many of today's window tints are clear. These films or "tints" can be almost imperceptible once applied if window darkening is not desirable. Conversely, many Colorado businesses may want their window tint to be dark or even reflective. We have these types of film as well. Read more on our Window Tinting vs. Window Film page.
Window Film Benefits
Residential Window FilmWindow film clients who install film in their homes normally do so for a couple of reasons. The most obvious reason is to prevent excessive heat build up in the home during the summer months and secondly to prevent damage from UV rays to the interior furnishings, drapes, floors and artwork. However there are other benefits of window film that many of us don't even think of. For example, the films are so energy efficient that they pay themselves back in a few short years allowing hundreds of dollars a year in savings after the film is paid off. Another incredible benefit of window film is that it prevents sun damage. Most people think that they are protected from the sun when they are behind a pane of glass but in fact nothing could be further from the truth. Even the best double and triple pane Low E windows can only give partial protection to your skin. However, most of our window films will give you 99.9% UV protection. If you've ever spoken to a dermatologist you will often be told that skin problems in adults were often caused by sun exposure in childhood. Protecting our children today by installing residential window film may be the best investment we will ever make.
Commercial Window FilmWindow films have been used in commercial buildings for several decades now as more and more architects and general contractors become aware of the products and their benefits. Decorative and privacy films are among the most highly specified films. These have almost completely replaced sandblasted and etched glass as a means of achieving privacy while still allowing some light into an area of a building. Corporate logos can be printed using frosted films in any color and are easily changed and replaced when the building changes hands.
Commercial buildings such as offices, schools, hotels, hospitals and airports are extremely expensive to heat and cool. Even in the so called cooler states the savings which building owners and administrators can achieve by installing solar control films are substantial. Commercial buildings with older windows will have high cooling costs in summer and high heating bills in the winter. Owners will at some point consider window replacement to upgrade the building. However, applying window film to the existing windows can allow a single pane window to perform like a double pane window, and for a fraction of the cost.
The fastest growing segment of commercial window films is security film. Security films can stop even the most determined intruder and are being specified by retail stores, schools, office buildings and local/ federal government buildings including airports.
Recent Window Film News
- Window tinting to handle all of your commercial needs - Window film has a variety of different applications and purposes. Denver Commercial Window Film has a window film solution for everyone. If you are looking to save money on your annual energy costs, energy efficient window film is the perfect solution. This amazing film blocks heat from entering your building during the summer, and insulates […]
- Restaurant window film can reduce glare. - What might the advantages of restaurant window film be for your eatery? There are more than one, but let’s talk about glare first. If your restaurant has a wall of windows, then you already know how difficult the glare can make it for customers to read the menu or see their phones or tablets (which […]
- Expert window tint installation in Denver. - When it comes to window tinting installation, Denver citizens are much more familiar with the automotive kind than the residential or commercial kind. In fact, when most people hear the term window tinting, they immediately think of the film that darkens the windows in their vehicles. That’s not what we are referring to at all.
- Window tint for Denver residents. - With residential window tint, Denver citizens can meet a wide variety of needs. While these products have been around for a while, Colorado residents are becoming more and more aware of the advantages they can receive from these budget-friendly home improvements. Let’s take a look at the main ones you might be considering for your […]
- Your Louisville window film experts. - When it comes to window film, Louisville home and business owners are starting to hear more and more about the benefits. We get questions all the time as to which window film to choose and what the installation process is like.
- Save money on your energy costs with hospital window film. - Hospital administrators, have you heard about energy efficiency hospital window film? This cutting-edge yet affordable product is saving the budgets of large buildings all around the country. You are already aware of all the overhead it takes to correctly and effectively keep a hospital running. The various costs are astronomical. And the energy costs are […]
- Window film is a smart choice for Littleton residents. - When it comes to saving money on your winter energy costs as well as several other benefits, window film makes perfect sense for Littleton residents. With the appropriate kind of energy efficiency window film, Littleton homeowners can lower their carbon footprint, save money on heating and cooling, and even save the life of their furnishings.
- Your best source for Window film in Arvada CO. - What’s the deal with window film, Arvada residents are asking? So you have heard about the benefits of window film, and are ready to see the results for yourself. What is the next step? How do you get started? Well, that depends on what type of window film you are looking for. And how much […]
- Decorative window film for your Denver home or office. - If you reside in Denver and are looking for an economical way to decorate your home or brand your business, please keep reading. With decorative window film, Denver businesses have a simple, cost effective way of advertising and branding their businesses, right from their own front windows. Our decorative window films can be custom made […]
- Window tinting for energy savings. - If you have been considering installing window film but still have questions about all of the benefits, keep reading. Although we use the terms window film and window tinting interchangeably, we are not talking about the product on your car windows at all.