See owner Martin Faith explain his personal experience with window film.
Window film helps home and business owner's across Colorado save money on their energy bills, reduce the fading of their floors and furniture, and improve safety. Using the industry leading window films brands produced by Eastman, Scottish Window Tinting can serve any of your window film needs with our Vista, Enerlogic, and Llumar window films . Whether you are looking to benefit from the energy efficiency and fading protection offered by our standard window tints, or you need a specialty window film to protect against graffiti, enhance security, provide privacy, add decoration, or even protect from bomb blasts, we are here to work with you to listen to and meet your needs!
Why Does Window Tinting Work?
Block the UV Radiation that Causes Fading
There are three sources of heat that can seep through your windows, making your home less comfortable: Infrared Rays make up 53 percent of the heat from the sun, Visible Light Transmission is 44 percent, and the final 3 percent comes from Ultra Violet Rays (UV). UV rays are the most damaging factor, and they are the cause of fading on your furniture and floors when the sun comes through your windows. Untreated glass typically only blocks about 11 percent of UV rays, which means a great deal of sun damage to your belongings. When you install window tinting, however, your windows start blocking 99 percent of all UV rays,keeping the inside of your home looking just as vibrant as ever.
Reduce Solar Heat Gain
Heat blockage is the biggest aspect of installing window tinting for energy savings. Not only will it block damaging UV rays, but it will keep other heat from seeping through your windows and making your energy bills higher each month. Today, you can even get effective heat reflection without having to choose a dark film. Remember, though, that ever set of windows is different, so it's important to have experts take a look at your windows to find the best type of film for your needs!
Window Film vs. Window Tinting
While many people refer to our service as "window tint" this term can sometimes be misleading because many of today's window tints are clear. These films or "tints" can be almost imperceptible once applied if window darkening is not desirable. Conversely, many Colorado businesses may want their window tint to be dark or even reflective. We have these types of film as well. Read more on our Window Tinting vs. Window Film page.
Window Film Benefits
"Tinting" your window by installing window film can be a great way to lower energy costs for your home or office. In your home, window film can be installed without decreasing the amount of visible light which enters your home while blocking a significant amount of heat. Residential window tinting makes your home more comfortable for your family while allowing your air conditioner to run less. Window film for your office or other commercial buildings can significantly lower the energy costs that result from running air conditioning through the hottest parts of the day. In many cases they can provide a return on investment in a few as 2 years.
Residential Window Film
Window film clients who install film in their homes normally do so for a couple of reasons. The most obvious reason is to prevent excessive heat build up in the home during the summer months and secondly to prevent damage from UV rays to the interior furnishings, drapes, floors and artwork. However there are other benefits of window film that many of us don't even think of. For example, the films are so energy efficient that they pay themselves back in a few short years allowing hundreds of dollars a year in savings after the film is paid off. Another incredible benefit of window film is that it prevents sun damage. Most people think that they are protected from the sun when they are behind a pane of glass but in fact nothing could be further from the truth. Even the best double and triple pane Low E windows can only give partial protection to your skin. However, most of our window films will give you 99.9% UV protection. If you've ever spoken to a dermatologist you will often be told that skin problems in adults were often caused by sun exposure in childhood. Protecting our children today by installing residential window film may be the best investment we will ever make.
Commercial Window Film
Window films have been used in commercial buildings for several decades now as more and more architects and general contractors become aware of the products and their benefits. Decorative and privacy films are among the most highly specified films. These have almost completely replaced sandblasted and etched glass as a means of achieving privacy while still allowing some light into an area of a building. Corporate logos can be printed using frosted films in any color and are easily changed and replaced when the building changes hands.
Commercial buildings such as offices, schools, hotels, hospitals and airports are extremely expensive to heat and cool. Even in the so called cooler states the savings which building owners and administrators can achieve by installing solar control films are substantial. Commercial buildings with older windows will have high cooling costs in summer and high heating bills in the winter. Owners will at some point consider window replacement to upgrade the building. However, applying window film to the existing windows can allow a single pane window to perform like a double pane window, and for a fraction of the cost.
The fastest growing segment of commercial window films is security film. Security films can stop even the most determined intruder and are being specified by retail stores, schools, office buildings and local/ federal government buildings including airports.
Recent Window Film News
- Protect your skin in traffic - UV auto window film is a fantastic product that can really make a difference to your skin over time. If you spend a lot of time in your vehicle, if you commute, if you are stuck in traffic, your skin is taking a daily dose of ultraviolet rays right through your driver’s side window. And […]
- Protect your paint from chipping - Are you one of these owners who is really proud of your truck? Do you love the way it looks and feels speeding down the open road? We’ve found that truck enthusiasts will “go the extra mile” (pun intended) when it comes to keeping their truck’s value and keeping it looking sharp and clean and […]
- Maintain your trucks value - Is your truck one of your favorite things that you have ever purchased? Do you spend weekends keeping it clean and shining? Does it represent your business, and act as an important part of your company’s marketing? Or do you simply want to maintain your truck’s value as much as possible? After all, a truck […]
- Protect your paint - When most people hear of car window film, they immediately think of the dark tints that are found on the windows of vehicles all across the state. However, there are other kinds of car window film products on the market and each one fulfills a completely different function. The one we would like to discuss […]
- Insurance for your car - Are you familiar with the type of auto window film that protects the front end of your vehicle from road debris and caustic chemicals that can dull, scrape, scratch, scuff, ding, or chip your paint finish?
- Protect your skin - After selling residential and commercial window films for the past ten years, Scottish Window Tinting is pleased to add a line of vehicle window tinting products to our business. If you live in Colorado, chances are your vehicle already has tinted windows. So why would we be urging you to install a different vehicle window […]
- Add privacy to your restaurant - Do you own a restaurant or café? How about a bar or pub? Or perhaps an upscale dinner club? Are you looking to give your patrons the feel of a more exclusive and private place? If so, restaurant window film will definitely be the cost conscious restauranteur’s perfect solution.
- Save money on your energy costs - Office window tint is not the same product you probably have on your car or truck. That product is designed to cut glare and make driving safer and more comfortable, especially here in Colorado where we live at a fairly high altitude and the sun is strong and omnipresent.
- Save money on your hotel operating costs - Hotel window film is an excellent choice for any hotel owner or manager looking to save money on operating costs. Specifically heating and cooling costs. If the hotel in question has a large lobby with big windows, if it has restaurants and conference rooms, all with windows, a lot of savings can be had by […]
- Keep your patients comfortable - With hospital window film, hospital administrators have a way of lowering the incredibly high overhead of a hospital. Sound impossible? The specific part of the overhead we are talking about is the portion of the energy bills that go for heating and cooling. And as an added bonus, hospitals can make their patients more comfortable […]