Top Five Reasons to Get Window Tinting in Your Home
Window tinting isn’t the most commonly discussed home improvement option, but it can be an important addition that you may not have thought of in the past. At Scottish Window Tinting, we want to tell you the biggest benefits of adding window film to your home.
5. Adding window tinting to your home will reduce the glare from your windows. This means a few things for your everyday life. If you’re watching TV, using your computer or laptop, or looking at your cell phone, you’ll have less glare from the windows reflecting off of those screens. This is going to make your life a little easier on a daily basis. Having less glare means that you can keep your blinds and curtains open more often, letting in the natural light, and saving you money on lighting your home during the day.
4. Window tinting looks great, and makes the view from your home look great too! You have many different options for how light or dark you want your window tinting to look, and it can make the appearance of natural light in your home less harsh. Window tinting improves the view from your home. Think of as putting on a nice pair of sunglasses; it makes your view more clear, free of glare, and therefore makes the colors around you seem more vibrant.
3. Adding window tinting to your home will improve how comfortable you are in a few different ways.When you get home at the end of the day, you want to be able to relax in your own home, and afford to keep it at the temperature you prefer. Our window tinting keeps the heat out in the summer, which means you don’t have to spend a fortune to keep your house cool. This works in the winter as well, so you won’t be spending time sweating away the summers, or bundled up throughout the colder seasons. Window tinting lets you keep the outdoors out, and keep the indoors exactly how you like them.
2. Scottish Window Tinting will save your furniture. Regular windows don’t offer much protection from UV rays, which can, over time, cause serious fading to your furniture, floors, and curtains. Your window film will pay for itself over time simply because it can double the life of many things you own, saving you thousands of dollars from the possibility of buying new furniture, or even refinishing your floors. Window tinting will block out about 99 percent of the UV rays from the sun, whereas normal windows only block about 11 percent.
One of the most important investments you can protect with window tinting is your air conditioning unit. Since window film keeps the heat out, you won’t have to use your air conditioning nearly as much to keep your home cool. Normally, AC units need replacing about once every seven to ten years, but with window film, they can last up to twenty years. If you could get this kind of return on your money in the stock market, everyone would be investing as much as they could!
1. Window Tinting can save you thousands of dollars on your heating and cooling bills. This is by far the biggest reason that our clients choose to install window film in their home. Take a look at how much our founder Martin Faith saved on his own bills once he installed window film in his Denver home. You can save up to 60 percent on your heating and cooling bills, which means that our window film pays for itself very quickly. In the past, window tinting was only beneficial in the summers, keeping the heat out, but with new technology today, window tinting can keep the cold out in the winters as well. Colorado has some extremely cold winters, and you might feel like your heating bills climb more each year. If you have a chance to save money on these bills for years to come, why not take it?
Expert Window Tinting, Top Notch Brands
At Scottish Window Tinting we use the best products available to ensure you get a result that will last. We work with Vista Window Film, Enerlogic Window Film, Llumar Window Film, and we will work with you to decide which brand is right for your home. The benefits are well worth the cost to add this energy saving improvement to your home today. Contact us to set up a consultation to add window film to your home!