Over the past several years, we’ve built a reputation that we’re incredibly proud of. Our customers continually thank us for the high level of customer service that we provide. We understand that our clients put a lot of trust in our efforts, and we’re grateful that they feel comfortable inviting us into their home or business. Therefore, we work really hard to show them that they count on us. We live by the doctrine that the customer comes first and aim to put the human touch on all of our services. That’s why we’ve adopted these 30 core values put into motion by our owner Martin Faith. We believe that by implementing these values, we become a valuable resource to our clients and also gain strength as an organization.
1. Do What’s Best For The Customer. In all situations, we try do what’s best for the customer, even if it’s to our own detriment. We believe that there’s no greater way to build a reputation than to steadfastly do what’s right for others. Every day.
2. Do The Right Thing, Always. Our staff demonstrates an unwavering commitment to doing the right thing in every action and decision, even when no one’s looking. We always tell the truth. If we make a mistake, we own up to it, apologize, and make it right.
3. Make Quality Personal. We take pride in the quality of everything we touch and everything we do. We tell our staff to always ask themselves, “Is this my best work?” We know that everything we touch has our signature. So we sign in bold ink.
4. Deliver Legendary Customer Service. We try to do the little things, as well as the big things, that blow people away. This means creating extraordinary experiences they’ll tell others about. Mere customer satisfaction is for lesser companies. We create customer loyalty by doing the unexpected.
5. Create A Tone Of Friendliness and Warmth. We realize that every conversation, phone call, e-mail, letter, and even voicemail, sets a tone and creates a feeling. We pay attention to every interaction and always try to set a tone of friendliness, warmth, and helpfulness.
6. Be A Fanatic About Response Time. We understand that our clients are busy and need answers in a timely manner. If someone has a question, we acknowledge it jump right “on it” to find the answer and also keep them continuously updated on the status of outstanding issues. We believe that rapid response is one of the easiest and best ways to stand out from the crowd.
7. Check The Ego At The Door. We believe in a team effort. We never let our egos or personal agendas get in the way doing what’s best for the team. We make sure every decision is based solely on advancing company goals.
8. Honor Commitments. We believe that there’s no better way to earn people’s trust than being true to our word. We do what you we say we’re going to do, when you say we’re going to do it. This includes being on time for phone calls, appointments, meetings and promises. We allow extra time for surprises and delays and don’t let these become excuses.
9. Practice Blameless Problem Solving. We apply our creative spirit and enthusiasm to developing solutions, rather than pointing fingers and dwelling on problems. We identify lessons learned and use those lessons to improve our processes so we don’t make the same mistake again. This means getting smarter with every mistake and learning from every experience.
10. Practice the Human Touch. We show customers we care about them as individuals rather than just transactions. The same goes for interactions between our employees. Genuine compassion can’t be faked.
11. Find A Way. We take personal responsibility to try to find ways to make things happen. We respond to every situation that requires initiative by looking for ways to overcome obstacles. We always strive to be resourceful.
12. Get Clear On Expectations. We create clarity and avoid misunderstandings by discussing expectations up front. Where appropriate, we ask our clients to repeat back their understanding to ensure total clarity and agreement.
13. Listen Generously. We believe listening is more than simply “not speaking”. Therefore we strive to be present and engaged and listen with care and empathy. Above all, we listen to understand.
14. Speak Straight. We speak honestly, but respectfully, and in a way that moves the action forward. We say what we mean and are willing to ask questions and share ideas.
15. Communicate to be Understood. We write and speak in a way that our clients can understand. We avoid using internal lingo or industry jargon with clients and believe clarity comes from using the simplest possible explanations.
16. Go the Extra Mile. We’re willing to do whatever it takes to accomplish the job, which means we aren’t afraid to take the next step to solve the problem. Even if it takes doing something that is not in our job description.
17. Create Win/ Win Solutions. We strive to think about situations from both perspectives. We discover what our clients need and try to help find ways to meet those needs. We believe that client solutions are solutions for our company as well.
18. Share Information. With appropriate respect for confidentiality, we try to share information freely. When we discover a solution to a problem or issue ask we ask ourselves “Who else needs to know this”. Information is one of our greatest assets. We find it, share it and use it.
19. Celebrate Success. Catching people doing things right is more effective than catching them doing something wrong. We regularly extend meaningful acknowledgement and appreciation – in all directions throughout the company. We all win if we work as a team.
20. Follow-Up Everything. We record a follow up date for every action and take responsibility to see that it gets completed.
21. Deliver Results. We set high goals and use measurements to track our progress and hold ourselves accountable for achieving those results.
22. Be Obsessive about Organization. We maintain a clean and organized work area and use an effective task management system. This includes prioritizing and tracking outstanding issues and responsibilities.
23. Look ahead and Anticipate. We solve problems before they happen by anticipating possible areas for concern and addressing them early in the process. We believe preventing issues is always more effective than fixing them.
24. Be Process Oriented. World class organizations are built on a foundation of a highly effective repeatable process. Therefore we look to create processes for every aspect of our work and turn these into habits to achieve consistent results.
25. Ask Why. If something doesn’t make sense to us we ask questions to clarify what we don’t understand. Healthy dialogue often leads to better solutions.
26. Get The Facts. We never make assumptions. We try to gather the facts before jumping to conclusions or making judgements. We strive to find more information about what might give us a more complete picture.
27. Be Relentless About Improvement. We regularly reevaluate every aspect of our jobs to find ways to improve. We always strive to keep getting better.
28. Pay Attention To Details. We believe details matter. From the spelling of a client’s name to the specific details of their order. Details matter. We try to be fanatics about accuracy and precision.
29. Assume Positive Intent. We work from the assumption that people are good, fair and honest, and that the intention behind their actions is positive. We give people the benefit of the doubt.
30. Keep Things Fun. We always keep in mind that the world has bigger problems than our daily challenges at work. Stuff happens. So we keep perspective. We try not to take things personally or too seriously. We believe in laughter.